Membership of any category is open to natural person and other entities, such as partnerships, corporations, and associations, which are eligible for membership as stated herein. No natural person or other entity shall be considered a member unless the membership dues are paid in accordance to NAMC-WMAC bylaws. Members in good standing will be able to attend and participate in all NAMC-WMAC membership meetings, workgroups, seminars, conferences, training programs, etc.; are eligible for election to the Board of Directors and/or offices of the corporation; may serve on standing and special committees and will be entitled to receive all documentation and materials generated by NAMC-WMAC. Members agree to be bound by the Bylaws and the Policies and Procedures of NAMC-WMAC adopted by the membership and further agree to pay all dues and other assessments owing from their membership.
NAMC-WMAC has two (2) classes of regular membership. These classes are divided into tier structures that represent the gross revenue of the individual corporation as follows:
Large Gross Revenue $5,000,000 to $10,000,000
Small Gross Revenue less than $5,000,000
The annual membership period in NAMC-WMAC is from January 1st through December 31st of the calendar year.
Certificates of membership in NAMC-WMAC is issued to each member and the certificate of each member in good standing is endorsed annually. Certificates are issued under the seal of NAMC-WMAC which exhibit the company’s name, effective date and signed by the President and the Chairman.
Any member shall be deemed to be in good standing only if the member’s dues, fees and assessments are current. Members in good standing may use NAMC-WMAC’s name and logo on their stationery, cards, advertising matter, office doors, sign, and similar places.
With the economic boom currently underway in our region, NAMC-WMAC serves as a catalyst to ensure that local and minority businesses are actively participating and benefiting from these significant construction initiatives. Overall benefits of membership includes :
- Advanced notice of business opportunities;
- Technical assistance with training, business development and certification;
- Access to critical business services (i.e., bonding, insurance, financing, employee benefits, discount supplies, etc.)
- A comprehensive schedule of meetings, networking sessions and public forums designed to provide cutting-edge information from construction industry experts in areas to increase productivity,
- Development of stronger management skills and obtain procurement opportunities to grow your business.
Specific benefits include:
- Assistance with certification of national/local, small, disadvantaged, woman-owned and minority businesses
- Information on contracting and procurement opportunities
- Referrals to corporations, industry professionals, federal and local government entities of minority businesses capable of providing quality goods and services at competitive prices
- Dissemination of industry-specific marketing information to minority businesses and corporations looking to increase revenue stream
- Training programs and services, seminars and one-on-one technical assistance designed to develop, build and/or expand the capacity of minority businesses
- Access to conferences, networking sessions and other public forums to increase exposure to business opportunities
- Corporate directories, newsletters, database and other listing available manually and electronically
- Technical assistance in securing access to capital, bonding, credit services and other financial tools and resources necessary to succeed
- Participation in group purchasing programs for employee health care, supplemental insurance, liability and commercial insurance, supplies, retirement and employee savings programs and credit union services